Thursday, March 29, 2012

A fresh start.  Life has been a bit up in the air and crazy lately.  I've let my blogs slip. However, I'm doing some menu planning these days and after a recent hospitalization due to heart issues (I'm ok now), I have a renewed motivation to healthy tasty cooking.

So, without further ado here are my menu options between now and 4/18-ish. I don't like to plan which night we will have which items as it just never works for us.  I picked recipes from cookbooks I have on hand for new ways to work with old favorite.

I will post these recipes as I make them.

Choices for
3/29- 4/18

Beef Broccoli/fried rice/egg flower soup (getting started for rice/Chinese cookbook for beef/broccoli

Lemon Thyme chicken (taste of home comfort food) steamed asparagus/rice

Grilled Lamb Koftas/with yogurt cilantro sauce (fresh, fabulous fast)/ cucumber salad (WW best darn food ever)

Ancho beef & bean chili (sub ground beef for steak) (power foods) salad

Kickin’ Chicken pot pie/salad (HG Survival Skills)

Oven Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes with garlic, creamed corn (WW Best Darn food Ever)

Barbecued chicken & roasted corn salad (PC Spin on salads)

Teriyaki pork stir fry (PC It’s Good for you p 68), plain rice and egg rolls

Shrimp & Chicken Jambalaya, (WW Ready, Set Go, p 112)

Grilled Pork Pitas with Tomato-Yogurt Sauce/Greek Salad (WW points Plus cookbook p 141)

Santa Fe Chicken (once a month cooking/family favorites p 31)

Chicken & Sausage Gumbo (HG 300 under 300 p 311/rice)

Byron cook x2

Leftovers x 2

Chicken sandwiches x 1
Burgers x 1
Hog dogs/polish sausage x 1
Pizza x 1
Ravioli/tortellini x1

Other: Great Grilling Recipes (PC), Magic Pot cookbook (PC)


Lunches:
Leftovers
Salad
Curry chicken salad (Just 5)
Pizza burger (morning star version)
Cheese Beefy Supreme Wrap HG 123
0 point soup (Meet Points Plus 2012)
Honey mustard vinaigrette (Meet Points Plus 2012)
Crazy Calypso Salad (GH 200 under 200 page 139)
Big bad burger wrap (200 under 200 page 140)

No comments:

Post a Comment