Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie Recipe 1

One of my good friends (and mother of my son's fiancee) has a son in the hospital right now. I'm cooking a dinner to bring to her family. I'm combining part of two different chicken pot pie recipes with Bisquick toppings. I'm FAR from a regular Bisquick user, but there is a time and a place for everything, including I suppose, Bisquick.

This first recipe uses Cream of Chicken soup (an ingredient I will NOT use, there just isn't a time and a place for cream of ___ soup in my life), but has a pour on topping which was recommended to me.

The second recipe has a filling which I will use as the starting point for my filling. It has a rolled dough recipe. I have a love-hate (mostly hate) relationship with my rolling pin, so I will be using the second filling recipe (tweaked of course) and the first recipe's base.

I will post the original recipes in their entirety here on the blog so people can have their choice of recipes to use.

This recipe originally came from a Bisquick box and I got this version from this site: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-bisquick-chicken-pot-pie-100215

Ingredients:

Servings: 6

1 cup cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
1 2/3 cups frozen vegetables, thawed
1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use low sodium)
1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix (regular Bisquick will work too)
1/2 cup nonfat milk or 1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Directions:

1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
2 Mix chicken, veggies and cream of chicken soup together and spread into bottom of non greased 9-inch round glass pie pan.
3 Mix remaining ingredients (Bisquick, milk and egg) and pour on top of chicken mixture.
4 Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until top turns golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment