Sunday, June 12, 2011

Breaded Pork Chops

Tonight was a dinner I hadn't made in a couple of years. It's one I used to make all the time when the kids were little. I wanted something easy to fix as I was doing a homework assignment and had to be at church at 6 for service and to assist with communion clean up afterwards.

4 pork chops (or one per person)
bread crumbs, about 1/2 cup
Parmesan cheese, about 2 T
fresh ground pepper, about 1/2 t to or to taste
seasoning of choice, about 1/2 t (today it was Northwoods Seasoning by Penzeys)
2 eggs (1 egg probably would have been fine for number the chops we used tonight). I was so used to cooking this for 5-6+ a few years ago, I started of with the proportions of bread crumbs and eggs I would have used for 6-8 chops)

Preheat oven to 350 or 375
mix bread crumbs and seasonings on a plate
lightly beat eggs on another plate
dip pork chops in egg, then in bread crumbs. Put on pan (I used the large Pampered Chef bar pan). Bake for about 45 minutes, or until done

We served this with scalloped potatoes (from a box, my kids preferred box to scratch scalloped potatoes), I cooked the potatoes at the same time as the pork chops. Also served fresh corn on the cob

dessert: Fresh fruit, graham crackers and nutella

No comments:

Post a Comment