Friday, June 10, 2011

Marry Me Matilda Muffins

Many of my best recipes came from the Sonlight forums and this is no exception.  My friend Angi (a woman of many talents) posted this recipe a couple of years ago. This version is one I made about a year ago.  I was reminded of it today (thanks Susan of the Boonies). I'm going to try it with applesauce instead of oil and see if I can get the WW points down/calories/fat down. Will post on that after I try it in the next few days.

Marry Me Matilda Muffins

I don't know who Matilda is or if she ever got married, but I'm sure glad my friend Angi on the Songlight forums posted the recipe!

Marry Me, Matilda Muffins

1 - 20 oz box Raisin Bran
3 - cups sugar
5 - cups flour
5 - tsp baking soda
2 - tsp salt

**optional spices**
4 - tsp cinnamon
3 - tsp nutmeg
1 - tsp ground cloves
****

Mix all of these dry items together in a large bowl until well blended.

In a second bowl, beat

4 - eggs
1 - qt buttermilk
1 - cup oil

until well blended.

Pour over dry mix, stir until all ingredients are moist.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop into muffin papers in muffin tin (or grease your muffin tin liberally).

Bake 15 - 18 minutes at 400 degrees. Tops will spring at a light touch in the center of the muffin when done.

MMMMMMmmmmm! Mmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment